The Illinois Energy Association was formed in 1994 to assist in coordinating the activities of its member companies before the Illinois General Assembly and the U.S. Congress. The Energy Association also is involved in utility industry initiatives with various federal and state regulatory agencies.
Headquartered in Springfield, the Association serves as a vehicle to develop and promote industry positions and policies on legislative and regulatory issues. The group’s objective is to improve the industry’s effectiveness in its dealings and communications with the public sector.
Members of the Illinois Energy Association are:
- Ameren Illinois, Collinsville, Illinois
- Commonwealth Edison Company, Chicago, Illinois
- Dynegy, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Exelon Generation, Warrenville, Illinois
- MidAmerican Energy Company, Des Moines, Iowa
- Nicor Gas, Naperville, Illinois
- NRG Energy of Princeton, New Jersey
- Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas, Chicago, Illinois
These electric and combination electric and natural gas companies all serve customers located in Illinois. The electricity suppliers participate in Illinois’ competitive electricity market. The Energy Association has a Board of Directors comprised of the chief executive officers of each member company. The Energy Association also has Associate Members, including Mt. Carmel Public Utility Company, Mt. Carmel, Illinois and Illinois-American Water Company of Belleville, Illinois.